Really Simple Rheology is an easy introduction to the often-confusing field of viscosity and rheology testing. The fast-paced 30 minute webinar provides a short crammer in rheology and viscosity fundamentals followed by useful advice and guidance for anybody looking to gain a better understanding into how their products flow and how to measure those properties. The webinar covers:
Basic concepts in rheology
- Shear stress, shear rate and viscosity.
- Non-Newtonian liquids.
- Structure and yield stress: why is it so important and how do we measure it?
- Viscoelasticity: The concept of elasticity in liquids.
Viscosity testing approaches for suspensions, emulsions, solutions and gels.
- Brookfield viscometers and Brookfield viscosity.
- Viscosity/shear rate profiling.
- Controlled stress testing and zero-shear viscosity.
Rheology testing methods
- Oscillation testing methods and viscoelastic moduli.
- Relating viscoelastic measurements to real-life behaviour.
- A simple 5-point rheological profile approach.
After the presentation a Q&A session enables you to ask any questions you like relating to the webinar content or your own particular issues.