Viscosity Testing, Profiling and Benchmarking for Adhesives, Sealants & Building Materials
Rheology and viscosity is gaining increasing importance for industries working with adhesives, sealants, building materials and resins. In all these industries the rheology of a product before, during and after an application dictates a multitude of factors like viscosity, the shear rate needed rigidity and thixotropic recovery for example.
The research rheometers and viscometers at our disposal, along with years of professional rheology experience, mean we can analyse and advise on a vast range of sealants, adhesives, primers, gelling agents and other building materials’ attributes such as:
- High & low-temperature applications for predicting product behaviour throughout the development and manufacturing process.
- Ductility, and how this will affect the products’ properties.
- Wash off/time resistance as an indicator of product reaction to application.
- Viscoelasticity of the product through a range of conditions and parameters, useful instances such as when the product is applied.
- Elasticity, rigidity, thickness and stickiness so as to understand how the product will react to its surroundings and applied pressures.
- Flow ability and its relevant thixotropic characteristics.
- Grab, slump, sag, creep, slip and many other low-shear qualities when the product is at rest.
- Tack, peel & creep behaviour to ensure the product behaves as you require.
Here are some of the clients we have provided rheology and viscosity assistance in the field of adhesives, sealants & building materials:
Alfa Laval Minelco Sandvik Sibelco Dynea
For further information about these tests, or the range of tests that we offer, please contact our experts today