Viscosity Testing, Profiling and Benchmarking for Adhesives, Sealants & Building Materials
Rheology and viscosity is gaining increasing importance for industries working with adhesives, sealants, building materials and resins. In all these industries the rheology of a product before, during and after an application dictates a multitude of factors like viscosity, the shear rate needed rigidity and thixotropic recovery for example.
Our Equipment and Capabilities – Click Here
The research rheometers and viscometers at our disposal, along with years of professional rheology experience, mean we can analyse and advise on a vast range of sealants, adhesives, primers, gelling agents and other building materials’ attributes such as:
- High & low-temperature applications for predicting product behaviour throughout the development and manufacturing process.
- Ductility, and how this will affect the products’ properties.
- Wash off/time resistance as an indicator of product reaction to application.
- Viscoelasticity of the product through a range of conditions and parameters, useful instances such as when the product is applied.
- Elasticity, rigidity, thickness and stickiness so as to understand how the product will react to its surroundings and applied pressures.
- Flow ability and its relevant thixotropic characteristics.
- Grab, slump, sag, creep, slip and many other low-shear qualities when the product is at rest.
- Tack, peel & creep behaviour to ensure the product behaves as you require.
Here are some of the clients we have provided rheology and viscosity assistance in the field of adhesives, sealants & building materials:
Alfa Laval Minelco Sandvik Sibelco Dynea
For further information about these tests, or the range of tests that we offer, please contact our experts today