Despite their apparent simplicity, Brookfield viscometers can, for many samples, report a disconcertingly wide range of viscosity values depending on the method employed. This is not the fault of the viscometer but an unfortunate consequence of the complex non-Newtonian behaviours of today’s manufactured products. This can lead to uncertainty and lack of confidence in measured viscosity results.
Our Brookfield Test Method Development capabilities include:
- Rapid, development of robust, repeatable and relevant test methods for suspensions, emulsions, waxes, solutions and gels for R&D, QC or production control needs.
- Delivery of step-by-step test methods establishing all the critical test parameters for gaining reproducible results, such as:
- Spindles and speeds
- Sample handling and conditioning
- Measurement duration and data-collection point.
- Sample container details
- Repeatability and Reproducibility
Following the Method Development you will receive:
- Comprehensive written instructions detailing the methods
- A web-presentation of the test method and Q&A session to ensure satisfactory implementation of the new methods
- One month of follow-on email/telephone Q&A support.
If you would prefer an on-site visit to cover practical viscosity testing, then check out our practical viscosity testing training courses.